Wednesday, August 27, 2014

An Error of Age

A new countdown has begun! That is: how long before someone at my new school mistakes me for a student there?

At every school I've worked at, I have been mistaken for a senior there. (This also happened when I was student teaching in LaGuardia.) Waltrip has the record for speed: it happened before school began when a teacher thought I was there to register for classes. KIPP took the longest - it wasn't until the third quarter when a guy thought I was a student. NYOS was in the middle, with me being mistaken for a senior about halfway through the year by a parent.

So! As the school year of Austin ISD draws near, we shall see how quickly this mistake is made once again. Will they break the mold and avoid it entirely? Or somehow tie Waltrip's speed during general teacher orientation? (Makes me feel young every time. Especially as the gap increases.)

No comments:

Post a Comment