Friday, November 4, 2016

Current Status

(This is a very personal post. If you don't care for such things, you may ignore it.)

Am I currently safe? Yes! I am doing all right. I'm back to gaming weekly with friends and have several projects doing quite well.

As many of my friends know, the last month or so has been a time of high stress for me. I've had to deal with the worst breakup I've ever had, along with betrayal.

I want to take this time to thank the dozens and dozens of people who have come out to support me during this trying time. I've had people across the country - con chairs, vendors, artists, writers, and more - tell me they have my back. I've been invited to several conventions I've never been to before, offered spots on two podcasts, and introduced to an even broader range of people. A few of my exes have reached out to me and reminded me that, if I was anywhere close to as evil and despicable as what others say, they would have never dated me to begin with.

Despite the loss of a few friends, my core inner circle remains intact and by my side as my overall network has expanded. I think it's because I've done good things for others that so many are willing to aid me now. That's the best anyone can hope for in times like these. My overall faith in humanity has been bolstered by this.

I want to especially thank the Brown University alumni who have reached out to me about my ex. According to them, I am not her first victim. They've pledged support in any way they can if the attacks get worse. I am very grateful for this - it reflects well on Brown that it's alumni would come to the aid of a relative stranger in need.

There are 4 incidents I want to make public so people know they occurred:

1. On October 8, 2016, around 2 AM, there was a loud banging on the front door of my home. A figure ran away. I unfortunately could not see them clearly. I've since installed a security system in case this happens again.

2. On October 12, 2016, a black SUV with Texas plates followed my mom as she was taking out the recycling trash. It tailed her for several minutes and sped off when she tried to look closely at the plates. (She sadly did not get the plates, as she wasn't wearing her glasses at the time.)

3. On October 29, 2016, in the late evening, a car parked in front of our house, a passenger got out, watched our house for over a minute, and then got back in and drove off. This was not a vehicle that normally parks in this area.

4. There have been a marked increase in the number of phone calls from "ID blocked" and international numbers to my home since early October.

Authorities and my lawyer are aware of these incidents as well as the likely suspects. If anything happens to me, they'll be able to act on this. That lends me some peace of mind.

What now?

I'll be focusing on my writing and the various projects I've been invited to join. I'll continue to post to this blog, as I distance myself from social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment