Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Introduction to Metamathics

Welcome to Metamathics! My goal is to express some of the regular meditations and epiphanies that occur to me now and then as I reflect on my activities as an educator, game designer, and comic creator.

This blog focuses on two general topics:
  1. My experiences and reflections on education and math.
  2. Thoughts and ideas on game design.
I've blogged about my early years with the Create a Comic Project quite extensively, so I will mainly focus on 2010 onward. This is when I became a classroom math teacher and on my role as a game designer for Cracked Monocle, which started around the same time. I will also post about my experience writing webcomics, such as Strange Candy. However, expect the lion's share of comic posts to go to the CCP Blog. If I mix comics with other topics, I will likely cross post.

Additionally, I will post monthly columns:
  1. Tephramathics, which focuses on a straightforward breakdown of the mechanics underlying Tephra: The Steampunk RPG; and,
  2. Game Systems, where I apply the concepts of a formal system to games and game design.
These columns will alternate month-to-month. I am currently thinking of a series detailing my experiences with educational administration and what we need today in school leadership.

You can also expect small snippets of things ("Tidbits"), for things like one-line jokes or random musings/conversation starters.

I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to comment as you wish. My hope is to inspire discussion and conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment