Monday, February 9, 2015

Get My Cane

By nature, I value harmony in my social dealings. I like to get along, cooperate, and share. This is mainly because it makes things more pleasant overall. On ideas and debates, I love to let things fly and get energetic, but on the basic person-to-person level, I try to keep things smooth.

What will eat away at my interest in harmony is relentless negativity. Being ignored, being mocked, being laughed at (not with) will decrease my interest in interfacing harmoniously. If I am behaving like a crotchety old man in a social context, it means people in that circle have been stomping on my lawn. With cleats. Doesn't mean everyone has done it, but it's happened, happened often, and continued despite politer requests not to.

Think of it as my warning sign before someone gets smacked with a cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment