Monday, February 2, 2015

Project Learning Reflections

Through my time teaching, I've made some 15 different projects for use in math. It's amazing to me how a project I used in Grade 7 is easily scaled up to Algebra 1 or Algebra 2 and vice versa.

This year, I further expanded the selection and added a new nuance: students could pick one of 3-4 projects and each specifically appeals to a learning style. So there were visual (ex. comics), kinesthetic (ex. scavenger hunt design), and audio (ex. poetry) themed projects every six-weeks.

It worked pretty well, but I realized that integrating the projects into class rather than having them as an added "take home" worked better. So in the 3rd 6-Weeks, for example, I had them make YouTube videos (visual), build ramps (kinesthetic), and analyze data they collected by hand (audio).

No comments:

Post a Comment