Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Once Upon a Time Reactions Part 2

More reactions as I started season 2 of Once Upon a Time. Season 2 remains my favorite so far. I do regret asking for Merlin, after what happened with season 5. And it looks like I predicted season 6 back then.

Season 2:

Aurora is brunette and Maleficent is blonde? Huh? OUAT has my least favorite Maleficent by far. And, dang, Philip got owned fast.

Why is Harry Potter now in this? I guess it makes sense, but I'd like to see older works before they throw very obvious Death Eater clones at me.

"You really are the evil queen!" Good god Henry says that more times than Vegeta goes on about the super saiyin. WE GET IT KID.

Bella and Rumple are best couple. I felt more "aww" from them than the others.

Lancelot! Ooo. Yay for Arthurian legends in OUAT. Also digging Mulan so far. I wonder if we'll see more Eastern legends appear?

I wonder if he'll bust out Knight of Honor and start wielding other characters' Noble Phantasms. ...Wait, wrong show.

Also, darn it Emma you have 6 bullets in a land where guns haven't been invented yet. DON'T WASTE THEM FIRING INTO THE AIR.

Ooo. Tell me Belle becomes the town librarian for Storybrooke!

Oh, god. They made Belle the librarian. That is the best plot point OUAT has done so far. I literally squee'ed in happiness. (Belle is my favorite Disney princess, in case you didn't know.)

The multiverse aspect of the show is still one of its best things. The Forest (which seems to combine most Disney tales, including Arthur thanks to "The Sword and the Stone"), Wonderland, Neverland, our world. I'm hoping we get to see Narnia (wardrobes that penetrate the universe is a pretty obvious reference that they keep dropping), but the rights on that one may make it tricky. Oz and Barsoom would also be great.

Would it be too much for Merlin to pop in? Disney's Merlin (wizard who loved science) was one of my favorite versions as a kid.

Everytime they call Regina's mom by her name - Cora - I keep thinking she's a reference to Korra. Sigh.

Is the doctor who I think he is? Tell me he's who I think he is.

Eeeeee! Dr. Frankenstein! Oh, geez. Season 2 is hitting pretty much all my fandom buttons.

I want that coat. I want that Frankenstein coat. The glasses, too.

And, damn it, now I want Magic vs. Science in OUAT. I really hope that's not the last we see of that world. I could see it being all kinds of HG Wells, Jules Verne, and other amazing things. I know this is a fairy tale show, but classic SF were my fairy tales as a kid.

I wonder if the OUAT Netherworld is located under Bald Mountain and overseen by Chernobog. Certainly seems like his kind of thing.

I wonder if Emma Swan will end up in a tutu fighting evil with ballerina music.

Aurora: You can't trust me! You have to tie me up.

Mulan: Oo, fun. <3

Emma and Snow: o_o 

I can only imagine the quantity of slash fic based on that scene.

Season 2 of OUAT is so far much more interesting. I liked the fairy tale flashbacks of season 1 a bit more, but the main plot of S2 is more compelling.

I really wanted Rumple to set Hook on fire after what he did to Belle. He's gone from rascal to "kill him, please" in my book.

Yay for Belle's yellow dress.

The writers REALLY loved Kano's fatality.

It kind of sucks Cinderella has disappeared from the show. I'm also still waiting for Ariel, since they mentioned mermaids and squid ink before.

The scroll with Emma's name made me think how much more disturbing this would all be if they started using tales from Marquis de Sade. (He tucked many stories away as rolled up paper in his cell.)

Star Wars ring tone in OUAT? Ha.

Yeah, saw the plot twist of Henry's parentage coming a mile away.

Oh, hey! It's Mrs. Patmore from Downton Abbey! (OUAT S2 ep 15.) What if Downton is a mirror reflection of OUAT, like our world and the original Fullmetal Alchemist? Now there's a crossover.

Rose McGowan as young Cora! Nice pick. I like the twist to the Miller's Daughter story.

Oh, Snow. You went dark side. Oh, dear.

The dynamic of Regina and Cora isn't one I really get. I was honestly expecting a last minute back stab.

Prince Charming was in a coma with Snow White looking on. I just got it.

It would've been funny if the Dragon turned into Eddie Murphy.

Rumplestiltskin is like the anti-Doctor. When there's a good wizard, it tends to be the Doctor. When there's an evil monster or trickster, it tends to be Rumple.

Prince Charming giving dating tips to Gold? This is pretty hilarious.

Regina's character arc confuses me. They looked like they were going to redeem her. Then they had her go with Cora even though she knows Cora would imprison her with Dark One powers. And then she insists on killing everyone. I just don't get it.

The fact that Baelfire's nickname is "Bae" really annoys me.

Season 2 done! I half expect the anti-magic group to be Iscariot from Hellsing. That or Mulder and Scully. Or Ghostbusters. That'd be funny, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment